4.18.2010

The Wentworth's + 1


I've known Sherri Lynn (aka SLW) for 5 years and through those 5 years she's been not only a former co-worker and family interpreter, but a dear friend.  We met when my husband graduated USC, as she was assigned to be Ro's parents sign language interpreter.  Then 2 months later, I got a job at a Deaf non-profit organization in Sacramento.  While training, I saw SLW walk into the office, and quickly found out she was one of their full time interpreters on staff...and well the rest is history.

As long as I've known SLW, she's loved children.  She's amazing with them and especially with her own nieces and nephews.  The road has been more than bumpy for her and her husband, Lewis to conceive a child of their own.  I remember several conversations with her discussing adopting whether it was here in the states or from another country.  There were many drawbacks, which I won't get into, because that would be a post in and of itself, but lets just say it made it difficult, which lead SLW and her husband to think about potentially fostering a child.

Then one fateful day in the fall of 2009, it happened...all on its own!  SLW was pregnant!!!! I remember when I found out I actually started crying (which I don't think I ever mentioned to her).  You see, more than anything I always knew SLW wanted a child of her own and well as the years progressed it seemed that it maybe wasn't a possibility for her and Lewis.  It's so true what they say, when you stop trying, it just happens...case in point baby Wentworth will be born June 25, 2010!

I cannot wait for baby Wentworth!  I'm more than jazzed about this baby boy entering this world, and even more jazzed that SLW and Lewis are going to be parents!  Thank you for letting me document this special time in your lives!  I love you both =)








No comments: